UnrealIRCd 4.0.7 released
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:51 am
UnrealIRCd 4.0.7 has been released. SSL/TLS security has been strengthened and an issue preventing SSL server linking on FreeBSD has been resolved. See below for a more detailed list of changes:
- UnrealIRCd now ships with a default ciphersuite list to have more secure SSL/TLS defaults (rather than relying on your OS/Distro). You can still customize ciphersuites through set::ssl::ciphers. Details: https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/SSL_Cip ... _protocols
- set::ssl::protocols allows you to specify which SSL/TLS protocols are permitted. The default is (still): TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2.
- Windows: remote includes now support IPv6
- FreeBSD: unstable SSL links to other servers
- It was impossible to set both +b ~r:xyz and +b ~R:xyz
- CHROOTDIR: Never worked in 4.0.x anyway. You can use AppArmor, SELinux, FreeBSD jails, etc. as an alternative.
- IRC_USER/IRC_GROUP: Since this only applies to users installing UnrealIRCd system-wide you should use your system services to do this as well, such as: systemd's User=xx or start-stop-daemon.
- PCRE2 and c-ares libraries updated to latest versions
- PDF documentation removed from c-ares library to save 1 Mb
- Updated curl-ca-bundle to latest version
- Module coders: You can use modinfo now again in MOD_LOAD, just like in MOD_INIT