The fourth alpha version of UnrealIRCd 5 is now available for download. This is not a stable version, it is for testing only and the server may misbehave. Some planned functionality for UnrealIRCd 5 is still missing, but about 90% is there. UnrealIRCd 5 alpha versions are there to give users an early opportunity to see what the current state of UnrealIRCd 5 is. For those users who do dare to run it, feel free to report any issues you may find or comment on the many U5 features on https://bugs.unrealircd.org/.
Most people will only want to read the release notes, rather than run or even test this version. That's perfectly fine. Be prepared for a long read.
The full release notes are available here, they are now in markdown format.
Here are the changes between 5.0.0-alpha3 and 5.0.0-alpha4:
- Various I/O engine changes to reduce CPU usage and make things more efficient
- Many(!) code cleanups again
- Support for IRCv3 draft/labeled-response-0.2
- set::allowed-channelchars now defaults to only allowing utf8 in channel names (see release notes for more information)
- Websockets now support type 'text' and you have to explicitly enable them per listen block (see release notes for more information)
- Use generic numeric 531 to signal a blocked message to a person