List all channels founded by a specific user

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

MilesOldfield

List all channels founded by a specific user

Post by MilesOldfield »

I've been cleaning out our long-outdated database of non-expiring nicks and I was wondering if there was a way to find out which, if any, channels these nicks were Founder of before dropping the nicks. Some of these channels may still be active, but being small and quiet, the users never complain about the Founders never being around. However, the Founder's nick is required to keep the channel registered and I don't want to de-reg these channels without notice.

Thanks!
CrazyCat

Re: List all channels founded by a specific user

Post by CrazyCat »

Well, it depends on the services you use.
If you have services which a MySQL support (as anope), you can have the information in the chanserv DB.
MilesOldfield

Post by MilesOldfield »

Yes, it's anope. Seems I overlooked mentioning that. I don't have access to the DB, just the on-line commands.
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

Without access to MySQL, I don't think you can easily.
You can only have founder from the channel (via ChanServ), I don't know any way (from IRC) to have a list of channel founded by an user.

The only way I see is to script your client to do a /msg chanserv info <#chan> on each channel on your network, the extract the founder line and check if it's from one of your nicks or not.