Anope wont run

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Ger0_

Anope wont run

Post by Ger0_ »

I was using anope 1.6.3 (i guess so, not sure really bc i cant find anywhere its version) and i deleted manually an akill from oper.db and obviously services stopped working and dindt work anymore. I tryed to reinstall them but they wont work either. I also installed 1.7.3 but same result. Why? The config file is fine. Oh i forgot... services are running on win xp.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Well, manually editing a DB is not a very good idea to begin with. You should check the log files for a specific error. Anope probably is refusing to run because your oper.db is now corrupt.
heinz

Post by heinz »

Also, there never was a 1.6.3 version for Windows, so you probably had an unofficial version, which we don't support.

I suggest installing a nice copy of 1.7.3 from http://windows.anope.org, in a new directory, with new config files, and new databases. This is likely to solve your issue.
Chris Hogben
Chief Tester, QA Team - Anope IRC Services
Co-Owner - PhpMemX.Net