Server Status Page

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

mixx941

Server Status Page

Post by mixx941 »

I'm wondering if anyone knows of something that will output the server status on to a page like "status.mynetwork.net". All the info I would like on this page would be.

Server...............................UP/Down [Linked/Delinked]

Or something similar. Just something to show if the server is up or down (the ircd portion not the whole server), and if its linked to the network.

What do you guys think the best software for that would be?

Thanks!

-Mark
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Some PHP that can kinda do what you want... unfortunatly, I have no idea how accurate it is, but it seems to work in most cases. There is an example of this available for viewing at http://www.x-tab.org/~ircd/bored.php

Code: Select all

<?php 
  $server = "server.yournet.com"; 
  $port = "6667"; 
  $churl = @fsockopen($server, $port, $errno, $errstr, 2); 
  if (!$churl) { 
    print "<font color=#FF0000>Offline</font>"; 
  } 
  else { 
    print "<font color=#00FF00>Online</font>"; 
  } 
?>
mixx941

Post by mixx941 »

Thanks for the reply. That's an excellent start. I will try that now.

Only thing left would be something that says if they are linked to the hub or not. :)

Thanks again.

-Mark
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

You wont be able to have one tell if it is linked to the hub or not unless you have the script make an actual connection to the server and issue the MAP command.

If you want the stats to go into that much detail, the best thing would be to have en eggdrop running a TCL that either accepts web connections or updates a web page every few minutes.
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

I use solarstats, it won't show you hub link time and wether it's hub or leaf,
However it gives a lot of good information about the server like versions, current users, max users etc.
Ron2K

Re: Server Status Page

Post by Ron2K »

mixx941 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone knows of something that will output the server status on to a page like "status.mynetwork.net". All the info I would like on this page would be.

Server...............................UP/Down [Linked/Delinked]

Or something similar. Just something to show if the server is up or down (the ircd portion not the whole server), and if its linked to the network.
A network that I used to chat on, Ethereal, does this. On their main page, they show linked servers prepended with a green dot, and delinked servers prepended with a red dot. I have an idea that they use Thales, but I'm not sure (I haven't been on that network for several months), so you may want to confirm with their webmaster.
ctn|chrisw

Post by ctn|chrisw »

try thales
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

thales is awesome
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

i am using thales and it is great you can almost get anything on the stats page ;)