Services ALias Problem

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

jpmk12

Services ALias Problem

Post by jpmk12 »

Im using cygus services right now cuz there the only one i can get to run on my windows comp. I am no noobie to ircd and everything. I have include "aliases/cygnus.conf"; in my config file and that file does exist. I set the services to recogize this and it still does not work. I type /nick and the services tell me to type /nickserv Anyone know whats wrong?
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Uhh? What? If you type /nick it should change your nickname, it should not tell you to type /nickserv.
-- codemastr
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

These alias commands take use of the value of set::services-server to make themselves secure. You have to specify a correct value for this directive, otherwise you'll get nothing back with the commands.
jpmk12

Ok...

Post by jpmk12 »

I meant /nickserv and it still says do /nickserv even though i did do it. Ok, with the set::services-server where exactly do i put it, in the main file or alias file and it should be set::myserver.place.net right? Do i need to mod anything else? Thanks for all your help...
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

Put in main:

Code: Select all

set {
services-server "services.somewhere.net";
};
IIRC, this directive is required by Unreal, so you should already have something like this in your network set {} block. If you just copied example.conf, look for service-server in one of the two set blocks and change it.
jpmk12

Problem resolved

Post by jpmk12 »

Thanks,
Everything is working fine now. :)