Serious Anope for Windows 1.7.10 issue... help!

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Keith

Serious Anope for Windows 1.7.10 issue... help!

Post by Keith »

Okay guys! I am like at the moment completely not in the mood to be told "RTFM," with Anope''s documentation, as I've read it. Trouble is I'm using the binarys (complete with installer) from http://www.Sourceforge.net/projects/anope. I configure anope; and then I get a bunch of junk when trying to run Anope.exe. I have already hurd one suggestion that I am missing some type of dependency (Pokes Heinz or someone..) How is that possible?
Either that, or there is something severely rong with the protocol moduel for UnrealIRCd3.2 and up. Why I'm pretty sure that eaven one of the UnrealIRCd supporters might find it a little interesting.
I currently am disturbedat my log, as this type of issue in Windows never occured before, but here you go.
My service.log files all contain the following text.
Code or rather Log entry:

[Jun 01 23:03:42 2005] Loading IRCD Protocol Module: [unreal32]
[Jun 01 23:03:42 2005] The parameter is incorrect.
[Jun 01 23:03:42 2005] status: [6]

Now; if I am missing some type of dependency (as I have been suggested that I am indeed missing one in #Anope by a user, then what might that be? Do I need to download a special file first? or what.)
Note: I am not using the version compiled with My SQL support. And I did not compile this on my own; simply downloaded the released binary installation source: Anope 1.7.10.exe.
Any ideas? Thanks!
(Currently disturbed over log entry.) :'(
Oh yeah; I forgot to mention I am running UnrealIRCd 3.2.3. :'(
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

If you think it is a missing dependancy, you can find and download a program called "Dependancy Walker" which allows you to view a programs dependancies.

You would need to play around with the program, as I don't know a fast & easy way to view dependancies off the top of my head. If you want to wait, you can wait until aquanight or someone else can post some simple instructions for it (I will make a note to bug aquanight tomorrow if no one has by then).
heinz

Post by heinz »

It appears that Windows 98 is being used here. Anope for Windows may work on this operating system, but the Anope team do not support any non-NT based windows OS'es.

We took this decision last week, as several issues arose, that were resolved by using NT based systems, such as 2000 and XP.
Chris Hogben
Chief Tester, QA Team - Anope IRC Services
Co-Owner - PhpMemX.Net
Trystan

Post by Trystan »

Although the LoadLibrary() code goes back through all the Win9x and WinNT branches, there are alot of catches to using it under Win9x systems as stated in the MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... ibrary.asp
Windows Me/98/95: If you are using LoadLibrary to load a module that contains a resource whose numeric identifier is greater than 0x7FFF, LoadLibrary fails. If you are attempting to load a 16-bit DLL directly from 32-bit code, LoadLibrary fails. If you are attempting to load a DLL whose subsystem version is greater than 4.0, LoadLibrary fails. If your DllMain function tries to call the Unicode version of a function, LoadLibrary fails.
Rough guess its not the first few items, could be the subsystem, doubt its the last one..

But like heinz said this is Windows 98 an operating system that Microsoft themselves have stopped supporting, Also try loading a module in Unreal since it to uses the same loadlibrary() call