Problem with IRCservices

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

scrat

Problem with IRCservices

Post by scrat »

Hey!

I've used bahamut as IRC server before, which worked fine with the ircservices. Now I will use UnrealIRCD instead of bahamut. I've configured UnrealIRCD and made some changes in the ircservices-config.
The problem is, that ircservices can't connect to UnrealIRCD and I've absolutly no idea what the problem is.
I got the following messages in ircservices.log:
[Oct 06 12:44:03.099500 2005] Initiated connection to 127.0.0.1:6667
[Oct 06 12:44:03.099881 2005] debug: Sent: PROTOCTL SJOIN SJOIN2 SJ3 NICKv2 VHP VL NOQUIT UMODE2 TOKEN NICKIP
[Oct 06 12:44:03.099985 2005] debug: Sent: PASS :xxxxx
[Oct 06 12:44:03.100097 2005] debug: Sent: SERVER at-vie01a-mirror02.chello.at 1 :U0-*-2 Services for IRC Networks
[Oct 06 12:44:40.299812 2005] FATAL: Remote server returned: ERROR :Closing Link: [127.0.0.1] (Ping timeout)
ircservices and UnrealIRCD run on the same machine and ircservices should connect to port 6667.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be. I've you need more information, or if I should post the whole configs or parts of it, please let me know.

thx, scrat
DarkBlood

Post by DarkBlood »

post all the "listen" parts of your config.

(but remember to remove the password :P)
scrat

Post by scrat »

hey!

The listen and link part of my config:
listen 127.0.0.1:6667;

link at-vie01a-mirror02.chello.at {
username *;
hostname 127.0.0.1;
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
password-connect "xxxx";
password-receive "xxxx";
class servers;
};

scrat
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

did you change the protocol setting in irc services conf file to unreal32 ?
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Besides the above, also be sure to try the latest ircservices (5.0.55?). I had a similar problem a few months ago with a few versions ago. The version before and after were just working fine :p.
scrat

Post by scrat »

hey!
Solutech wrote:did you change the protocol setting in irc services conf file to unreal32 ?
I've changed it to unreal and not unreal32 - so I gues this could be the reason why services didn't work?
Besides the above, also be sure to try the latest ircservices (5.0.55?). I had a similar problem a few months ago with a few versions ago. The version before and after were just working fine :p.
I've tried 5.0.54 and 5.0.55 - didn't work with both. I've also installed the latest version of UnrealIRCD.

scrat
scrat

Post by scrat »

hey!

Hm, when I change the protocol settings to unreal32, I get the message that unreal32.so can't be found. I just have unreal.so and so I can't change the protocol settings to unreal32 - or did I missunderstood something.

scrat
w00t

Post by w00t »

Not sure on your protocol mod proble, don't really have time to read it right now - but be sure to re-read your configuration properly. There is an item you WILL need to enable for ircservices to work on Unreal - otherwise it'll fail silently. (As I recall, anyhow).
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

LoadModule protocol/unreal

oops my bad it is unreal not 32 lol sorry dude ,

Code: Select all

link services.ourchat.tk
{
username    *;
hostname    *;
bind-ip     *;
port        6669;
hub             *;
password-connect "xxxxxx";
password-receive "xxxxxx";
class           servers;
};
Thats how my unreal link block is configured .

This next bit is from ircservices.conf .

RemoteServer	127.0.0.1 6669 "xxxxxx"
Thats the remote config section .

ServerName	"services.ourchat.tk"
ServerDesc	"Services for Our-Chat IRC "
ServiceUser	"[email protected]"
and the services identification section .

As you can see it ties into the info in the unreal link block .

If your services name isnt "at-vie01a-mirror02.chello.at" change it to the name you gave services . Other than that without some form of error from irc services telling you whats up then Im pretty stumped without seeing your conf files for ircservices . Dont post em up on here though .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
scrat

Post by scrat »

hey!

The link name and the ServerName are the same.
but be sure to re-read your configuration properly. There is an item you WILL need to enable for ircservices to work on Unreal
I've checked the configs again, but I really don't have an idea what item I have to enable that ircservices works. For me there are all important items for connection enabled.

scrat
w00t

Post by w00t »

Yeah, there is a rather obscure option I think.. try posting to the Services mailing list (NOT the coding one) and see if you get a reply. I might ask Andy to add it to the FAQ while he's at it, because it's stumped me once now, and I've seen it get a few others a few times too :P
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
scrat

Post by scrat »

hey!

Ok, thanks, I'll post to the services mailing list und hope that they can help me with this problem.

scrat