Link problem

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

flux

Link problem

Post by flux »

Hi, i get this error when i try to link Unrealircd to anope

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
[error] unrealircd.conf:167: link: bogus server name
[error] 1 errors encountered
[error] IRCd configuration failed to pass testing
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

check your link blocks for the service name ie services.mychat.com and make sure they are the same . They are CaSe sEnSiTive btw :) .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
flux

Post by flux »

do i have to have link blocks in anope and unrealircd?
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

You need a link block in unreal so unreal will accept the connection from services . Services needs to be set up with the exact same info ie port numbers etc to connect .

Heres an example of an unreal link block .

Code: Select all

link services.mychat.com
{
username    *;
hostname    *;
bind-ip     *;
port        6669;
hub             *;
password-connect "PaSsWoRd";
password-receive "PaSsWoRd";
class           servers;
};
From this unreal expects services.mychat.com to connect on port 6669 with a password of PaSsWoRd .

I use ircservices not anope so your services config will be different but it gives you the right idea ;)

Code: Select all

RemoteServer	127.0.0.1 6669 "PaSsWoRd"
ServerName	"services.mychat.com"
From this ircservices knows that it needs to connect to a server on localhost (127.0.0.1 as my ircd and services run on same box , yours may be different) port 6669 with a password PaSsWoRd and its server name is services.mychat.com.

As you can see all that info adds up and services will link correctly . Its pretty much all case sensitive . :D
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
flux

Thanx

Post by flux »

thx alot for the help everyone