Any idea what this is? allow database access?

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Ares

Any idea what this is? allow database access?

Post by Ares »

I know this is probably a service related issue, but i'm posting here in the hopes that someone can help me understand what is going on here. Please forgive me if my post is in the wrong spot or if you want to stone me to death!

I've had services running perfectly for over a week now, with Unreal. All of a sudden today, i've got this message showing up:

irc.xxx.net- *** Global -- from services.xxx.net: Warning: Databases are locked, and cannot be updated. Remove the `lib/.lock' file to allow database updates.
-

My services file and my unreal config have been unchanged since the last week. Any idea why something wants to change database info all of a sudden? Any idea what this is? I'm not sure if i should unlock the database or not. Help??
- Ares
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Thats a system message from your services , looks like its trying to save its databases and cant .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Hmm. Thanks for the reply Solutech. ;)

I just did a search on all my configs and cant seem to find anyplace where i'm supposed to edit this to correct this. Should i take it for face value and actually delete a file from the lib folder??
- Ares
Trystan

Post by Trystan »

Care to post what services?
"They never stop thinking of ways of harming America, and neither do we." - U.S. President George W. Bush
Ares

Post by Ares »

IRC SERVICES 5.055 (win32)
- Ares
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

check those db files arent set read only . Seem to remember having that error myself but Im damned if I can remember how I shifted it . IIRC it was the file attributes themselves .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I'm not familiar with the error message, but... doesn't it sound like you need to remove some file called '.lock' ?
w00t

Post by w00t »

Correct, syzop. :P

There will be a small file [in the /lib subdirectory, unless my memory really sucks] called '.lock' which you need to remove.

Then all will be well.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]