How do they do it?

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

ToyMachine

How do they do it?

Post by ToyMachine »

Alright, well I'm currently trying to write a services distro for Unreal3.2.4 and I've kind of hit a block...
For purposes of testing the script, I'm running my own copy of Unreal, and for the life of me, while I can get other services distros like Anope to run on it, I cannot figure out what in the world they're doing to get the server to recognize them as being on a U:Line'd server, seeing as the U:Line is not a "real" server that you can connect to...right?
So how do I get my services (which will basically look just like clients, but will be run off a set of events) to connect on this U:Line, OR is there an alternative way I can get them to access the commands restricted to being executed on U:Line'd servers?
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Did you try having a look at the uline block?
ToyMachine

Post by ToyMachine »

Yep, can't figure anything out about how to connect to it.
Oh, by the way, I've read the docs through, so please don't point me to them. Either my question is not in there, or I'm too dumb to recognize the answer, in which case it would be great if you were kind enough to reword it for my dull mind :D

Thanks.
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

My understanding of the process is that once you add the uline in the unrealircd.conf file, that host will be ulined when connected.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

You have to connect as a server, not as a client...
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawkins
ToyMachine

Post by ToyMachine »

Hmm ok.
So what set of commands could I perform through a client to connect as a U:Line'd server?

Sorry for my slowness here :roll:
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

http://cvs.unrealircd.com/cgi/viewcvs.c ... cvs-markup

Or just read the serverprotocol.html doc in your doc/technical folder.
x-soft

Eazy Answer

Post by x-soft »

Pliss Help me? huh!!! means

Plisss Refer the Help Doc Files thouroughly

This Will sure help you out
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I know it's not linked anywhere, but just FYI, you can also find serverprotocol.html at http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIRCd/serverprotocol.html.
It's updated with CVS every hour or so, just like unreal32docs.