Pulling hair out!!!

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

shawn

Pulling hair out!!!

Post by shawn »

Ok I've tried 1000 ways to make any services connect to my ircd, no luck so far.....

Ive tried Anope, and Lakeserve.

I'm running Unreal 3.2.5 (It runs fine)

but when i try to get ANY kind of services to link i get this nasty error in mirc:

-friendsnetservices.hopto.org- *** LocOps -- Link denied for Services.friendsnet.servegame.com([email protected]) (No link block named 'Services.friendsnet.servegame.com') [@1.2.3.4.2085]
-

"[email protected] is fictionus i just put that there for the purpose of this post

ive tried 127.0.0.1 no luck
ive tried putting my NO-IP Host which i have two. no luck either.

I have all my ports forwared i even have my router DMZed

Heres my configs

link Services.blah.blah;
{
username *;
hostname 0.0.0.0; (not the real ip of course)
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
hub *;
password-connect "******";
password-receive "******";
class servers;
options {

};

heres my "ME" Lines

me
{
name "something.something.org";
info "Friends_NET";
numeric 10;

heres my U lines

ulines {
nameofserviceshost.org;

};

Before someone flys off with the usual "RTFM!!!" or Read the FAQs/Forums!!
been there done that 1000X thanks for that though :P

Anyway please someone help me, i dont have much hair left to pull out at this point ;)
wax

Post by wax »

[Moderator: Deleted rude post]
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Is your listen block setup to recieve on the port/address that services are trying to connect to? Also I recommend posting the exact link/ulines and editing/censoring the stuff that you feel is important. (which is not IPs(unless on a private address not visible to the public)/address namely the passwords). If you are sending your services to the outside world to connect (doing anything other than localhost) and are running through a private network/NAT server then you need to make sure the hostname is that of your NAT.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

The error message you quoted above is suggesting you do not have a link block beggining:

Code: Select all

link Services.friendsnet.servegame.com {
If that doesnt solve it im not sure what to try next.
shawn

Post by shawn »

Ill just post my entire confg since no one can help me.........

[Moderator: Deleted config file post. Please read the stickies! http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=1146]
shawn

Post by shawn »

more info i forgot to add:

my host is using a NO-IP dns thingy mabob
heres that address friendsnet.servegame.com
i also have friendsnetservices.hopto.org <<<<Was gonna make this one for services. but that didnt work either

my IP changes every friken day :(((
so i have to use DNS hosting company. stupid DSL

anyway the IRCD is running Fine (I think i havent actually had anyone try to connect to it) but its working for me anyway so i know its not the IRCD.
shawn

Post by shawn »

OMG! *rolls eyes* How me supposed to get any help if i dont post my configs? i tried posting just the Link lines and U lines and apparently that wasnt enough, you think i posted that huge config for my health? (suppose this will get deleted too no doubt) GRRRRS!!!
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I could delete it too, but there is nothing wrong with it. If you wish to recieve support, you need to follow the rules everyone else needs to as well
shawn

Post by shawn »

Im sure you could,,,,,,, I HUMBLY BOW to you'alls awsome power

at any rate.... i fixed it on my own

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
tdw

Post by tdw »

great work, that wasn't so hard? you can't find other configs on the forum, means that there's a rule for it.