Global Messages

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Alex

Global Messages

Post by Alex »

Hello,

I have a problem that I never have seen before.

When I type /cs HELP it goes out like a global message to the channels, which never have happened before. Is there something I can do to prevent this, and just get it up in the status window as it always have done :?:

This is only happening when I use a /cs command.

Thanks.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

This i believe is your client seeing ChanServ being in the same channel as you and so displaying notice messages from ChanServ to you in the channel and not in the status. If you leave every channel that both you and ChanServ are in and join one which ChanServ is not in the notices will go to your status window.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello Jobe1986,

Tried what you suggested and it worked. Thanks a lot. :wink:
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Just so you know they arnt actually sent to everyone, they're only sent to you. It's just a case of your IRC client chosing to display them in the channel window instead.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ahh I see Jobe1986...I wasn't sure if they were showing to everyone or just to me, but now I know. Thanks again. :wink: