superadmin

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

DragonRyder

superadmin

Post by DragonRyder »

to make sure i had it off before checking my modes i did:
/os set superadmin off
i whois myself and checked my usermodes:
Ryu is using modes +iowghraAsxNWqztp +kcfvGqso
so i turn it on:
/os set superadmin on
and check them again:
Ryu is using modes +iowghraAsxNWqztp +kcfvGqso

absolutely no difference in my usermodes.

what exactly does the superadmin set for you to give you the ability to do whatever in any room?
Last edited by DragonRyder on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

To my understanding SuperAdmin doesn't add any umodes or snomasks. It just merely thinks that you're the founder/owner of _ALL_ chans and nicks...
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

SuperAdmin is a command that doesn't give you any more rights to the ircd itself (you already have them all), but gives you more rights as a services administrator. Once you turn it on, you have founder on all channels, and you can access other commands, such as svsmode (change someone's usermodes), svsnick (change someone's nickname).

It doesn't add any usermode to yourself, and is active until you turn it off, or disconnect. I also think it turns off automatically after some time - not sure though.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Just to add to Grunt's explanation it also turns itself off when you change nick.

As for it allowing you to do "whatever" in any channel it only allows you to do whatever through services. Although most services admins (those specified in services not those with the oper flag of the same name) can do pretty much anything to any channel anyway. Superadmin only really gives you a few extra OperServ commands you can use on users and gives you founder level access in ALL channels.
DragonRyder

Post by DragonRyder »

thanks for the answer guys - that helps me with my script.