#idle

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

serpe

#idle

Post by serpe »

hi to all ^^.
There is a way to to create a channel #idle in which they come forces to enter the customers who after a determined time do not find themselves in no channel, with anope services?
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Nope. Services were never made to check the idle time of users.
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
serpe

Re: #idle

Post by serpe »

And there are another services that can made it?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

The most efficiant method to force users into an #idle channel after being idle for so long is an IRCd module since the IRC stores the idle time of each user connected to it anyway. Services on the other hand would have to do a remote WHOIS on a user, then parse the response for the idle time. THis in turn adds more load to services when services already have enough of a load. And since Services would have to remote WHOIS EVERY user every so often to find out if theyve been idle for long enough this can add to bandwidth usage on larger networks. So your best bet would be an IRCd module.
serpe

Post by serpe »

OK Ok thanks, but this ircd module alredy exists?
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

No it doesn't exist. You would have to find/pay someone to write it for you unless it's something really easy that someone is willing to do for free.
serpe

Post by serpe »

Thanks very much. :wink: Because i read in another forum topic that other people need this module and someone answer they that there is a services module.ok where can i find people that help me to compile this module?