Standalone and/or Fun (maybe useful?) services?

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

simman

Standalone and/or Fun (maybe useful?) services?

Post by simman »

Is there a Standalone VoteServ out there? I found an "unservices" but it's pretty old and I don't trust it.

I'm also looking for a way to get a USEFUL AdminServ for my server, and don't want to pay $900+ for it. I'm not necessarily talking Anope, since I don't think I can get the AdminServ for free or at a reduced cost (by hundreds of dollars :p)...

Also, what 'fun' services are there that will work with UnrealIRCd? I already have NeoStats.

Lastly, could someone give me a list of services that are out there that are different from the ones I'm listing here? (And possibly where to get them):

NickServ - Nick Services ~ Register and maintain nicknames
ChanServ - Channel Services ~ Register and maintain Channels
BotServ - IRC Bot Services ~ Create and assign bots for channels
HostServ - vHost Services ~ Assign custom vHosts to users
HelpServ - Help Services ~ General Help Service
OperServ - Operator Services ~ Services for IRC Operator Control
MemoServ - Memo Services ~ Send and receive memos
LoveServ - Fun Services - Love Service ~ Send love notes to others
MoraleServ - Fun Services - Morale Service ~ Just funny messages
NeoStats - NeoStats main bot ~ Maintaining NeoStats
Global - Global Noticer ~ Globaling
IdleServ - Idling Services ~ Idling in channels to reserve them
StatServ - Statistic Services ~ Record statistics of the server
FloodServ - Flood-Logging Services ~ Log all flooding
GhostServ - Ghosting Service ~ Takes place of the NickServ Ghost
ConnectServ - Connection Logging Service ~ Logs connections and certain modes made on the server
ProfileServ - Profile Services ~ Create, maintain, and show your profile
QuoteServ - Quote Services ~ Random quotes
TextServ - Text Services ~ Make and connect custom funbots, such as a Barmaid
SeenServ - Logging Service ~ Takes place of the BotServ SEEN command
YahtzeeServ - Yahtzee Service ~ Play a game of Yahtzee
WarServ - War Service ~ Play war-games
GameServ - Game Service ~ Play multiple games, including russian roulette

Phew... now, could someone please help me?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

For the AdminServ it depends on what you want it to do as im working on an AdminServ in perl but i dont know yet if ill release it to the public.

Anyway judging by what youve said and the list yuo've compiled i gain the impression that you're the sort of person who loves to have as many *Serv's as you can get.

Also word of advice concerning *Serv's like OperServ, their roles differ depending on the services package you use. Anope combines all its admin/oper features into OperServ where as KickServices spreads them out across OperServ, AdminServ and RootServ.

Another point is i wouldnt call Global a *Serv since it's basically just a bot used as the sender of messages. That and on some networks it gets renamed, take for example on the network i jointly run its called InvictaChat.

As for other *Serv's you can pretty much have whatever you want as long as somebody makes it. So t be honest there is no difinitive/complete list as it can always grow.