Req: extra spaces in the Topic when ChanServ puts on the Top

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Casey

Req: extra spaces in the Topic when ChanServ puts on the Top

Post by Casey »

Would it be possible to have a module for Windows and Linux and all that to include the extra spaces in the room Topic when ChanServ puts on the Topic ?

ChanServ does not include the extra spaces in the room Topic when it puts on the Topic

ooooo <space> <space> <space> TOPIC <space> <space> <space> ooooo

space - spacebar

ChanServ takes out the extra spaces when it puts on the Topic and makes it as

ooooo <space> TOPIC <space> ooooo

Anope ChanServ

I posted on the Anope Feature Requests and they said it is an IRCd thing.

It looks nice having the extra spaces in the Topic instead of it being squeezed in all together.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

This isn't an IRCd issue... I think Anope is being lazy again...

To check this, I created a channel and set a topic:

Code: Select all

-> irc.*.org TOPIC #test
<- :irc.*.org 332 Stealth #test :Topic   with   many   spaces   between                   words
<- :irc.*.org 333 Stealth #test Stealth 1167784891
Upon rejoining the channel, Anope set the topic without the original repeated spaces:

<- :ChanServ!services@*.org MODE #test +r 
<- :ChanServ!services@*.org TOPIC #test :Topic with many spaces between words (Stealth)
Also, you need to remember mIRC will take out repeated spaces in commands. So if you're running a script, that may most likely be the problem. You will however be able to see the spaces in the titlebar of the channel window.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I'm moving this to the services section, feel free to point the Anope team to the topic. I am running Anope 1.7.17 if anyone is wondering
Casey

Post by Casey »

Doing the topic yourself with the extra spaces, and when you join the room with no-one already in when ChanServ / BotServ puts on the Topic / Modes that ChanServ takes out the extra spaces.
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Casey, u posted this two times on this forum site, and on the anope site, stop makeing a lot of post with the same thing.
Casey

Post by Casey »

katsklaw said that it was an IRCd thing -- so I then posted a module request about it on Unreal to the Modules section and then Stealth moved it to the Services section.

katsklaw then said that it was his misinformation that his client was stripping the spaces - not Unreal and the other IRCds.

Stealth and the others - you can delete this off or close this - either way which ever way you would like.

As this is not an IRCd thing anymore -- as said by katsklaw who then said that it was his misinformation not being an IRCd thing.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

It's not services doing it. As ive tried with a non registered channel using the /topic command, either my IRC client or UnrealIRCd removes extra spaces.

And as a test ive just done using a telnet client to use IRC has shown it is clearly my IRC client. So i would suggest this is neither a services or IRCd issue.

[14:25:57] * Eboj changes topic to 'multi    space   test'
Indeed ChanServ also removes extra spaces too but thats another story.