services on one channel

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

raverke

services on one channel

Post by raverke »

Hello, i have a question, is it possible to add all the services on one channel like #Services ?? so i can see them in a chan ?

I'm using anope and unrealircd :)

Ty :!:
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Although i cant remember what it's called there is a module for Anope that does what you want.

The problem, however with putting all services bots on one channel is that services are completly un aware that theyre there.

The other point is, with the exception of BotServ bots, services bots were NEVER meant to be put in a channel and even more so together.
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

there is a module for it, called: os_clientjoin i've tried it, it wont work on mine, it might on yours thought, that could be the one for it,
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

There is another module too that provides more functionality then just all bots joining, including logchan on at startup by default.

Somthing like ircd_init
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

erm...

/os raw :servicesname join #chan

works with all services on the services server ^^
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

I cant speak for any other services packages but i know for a fact that so much as enabling OperServ raw loses you official support. Also OperServ raw has a tendancy to mess things up quickly. SO i would advise against its use unless you really know what youre doing.
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

but it´s an easy way to let them join some channel ;-)

And invalid commands got no effect ;-)
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Try /os raw who which from a server is an invalid command.
GhosT

Re: services on one channel

Post by GhosT »

raverke wrote:Hello, i have a question, is it possible to add all the services on one channel like #Services ?? so i can see them in a chan ?

I'm using anope and unrealircd :)

Ty :!:
This anope module (http://modules.anope.org/viewmod.php?id=3) can be used for your purpose.