Ulines

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

csm

Ulines

Post by csm »

Ok So I know what you're thinking right: "I've seent his 10 million times"

Whatever sure you have, but I've not found an answer to my question.

I am working on a bot in miRC script that will have many purposes. Firstly, besides my curiousity I am intrested in how to make it so this bot has a uline.

I know "pointless right"? Not to me, I am just curious and like to try different things out.

Can someone explain how to do this, without linking me to the other topics I have read on this.

I have this is my unreal config file... for example:::

link services.127.0.0.1.org
{
username *;
hostname 127.0.0.1;
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
hub *;
password-connect "password";
password-receive "password";
class servers;
options {
/* Note: You should not use autoconnect when linking services */
ssl;
zip;
};
};
link g.127.0.0.1.org
{
username *;
hostname 127.0.0.1;
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
hub *;
password-connect "password";
password-receive "password";
class clients;
options {
autoconnect;
ssl;
zip;
};
};

I would appreciate the help.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

One option would be to use the m_uline module to allow the bot to uline itself. The alternative would be to write the bot to connect as a server.
csm

Post by csm »

Yeah the m_uline doesn't exactly work. I have it in my modules foulder, added the "loadmodule line" so it now :::

loadmodule "commands.dll";
loadmodule "cloak.dll";
loadmodule "m_uline.dll";

now when I try to run unreal:::
* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* unrealircd.conf:42: loadmodule m_uline.dll: failed to load
[error] IRCd configuration failed to load

Why? I have it as the correct name.... and is in the same spot as commands.dll, cload.dll

Any ideas?

I'd rather hardcode it into the bot to act as a server but I don't exactly understand how I would start doing this.. please explain. (going to use mirc script)

Here is what I think you meant: 1) Use sockets in mirc script to make a "irc server"

Then add the server as having a uline in the unreal config file.

Am I correct?
I will start working on this, but can you tell me if you have done this, is it hard?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

I've heard of people doing it but as far as i know scripting mIRC to connect as a server certainly isnt easy.

For a start, mIRC is designed to connect as a user not a server which adds a hurdle towards your effort.

Also you will need to get to know the server to server protocol pretty well too. You can find a fair bit of detail about it at http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIRCd/serverprotocol.html

As for why m_uline didnt load i cant help you as i dont have much experiance with modules but im sure someone else will be able to.
csm

Post by csm »

Thanks for the reply. Making the mirc server shouldn't take me too long. If someoone is reading this and knows why m_uline wouldn't work that would save me a bunch of time. But meh I guess I need to learn this stuff sometime.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Did you put m_uline.dll in the same place as commands.dll and cloak.dll?
csm

Post by csm »

Yes and I made sure of that.
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

i did the same for testing, i linked mIRC as server with Unreal.

It works great, i used this script (german) http://www.mircboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=4127

And to uline it just write into the unrealirc.conf:

ulines {
server.name.org;
}
thats all