No Text to Send

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

HellSpawn

No Text to Send

Post by HellSpawn »

When i type /nickserv

I get a message back f rom the server saying "No Text to Send"

I am using Anope 1.7.18 and UnrealIRCD 3.2.6 on Windows XP
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

That is usually because you're supposed to follow /nickserv with a command.

Do you ever type /msg NICK without a message and expect something to happen?
DanielC

Re: No Text to Send

Post by DanielC »

HellSpawn wrote:When i type /nickserv

I get a message back f rom the server saying "No Text to Send"

I am using Anope 1.7.18 and UnrealIRCD 3.2.6 on Windows XP
Check to ensure you have loaded the anope alias file, and make sure in your Network Configuratoin that your default-server, and services-server are correct. If it doesn't match the rest of your config, you'll get a no text to send error.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

DanielC, if set:services-server doesnt match your services server name youll get "Services are currently down" not "No text to send". "No text to send" meands exactly that, youre trying to send a private message without a message.
DanielC

Post by DanielC »

I'm not so sure about that Jobe. A friend of mine had that exact problem, and when I looked through his conf file, the only thing I changed, was his set-server and set-services from .org to .net (to match everything else) and it worked. Prior to that, when attempting /identify or /nickserv, I received "no text to send" He may of messed with some of the aliases prior, I'm not sure. But I didn't change anything else.