Linking Anope Services with Unreal

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

OkweL

Linking Anope Services with Unreal

Post by OkweL »

Hi,

I've tryied to find solution in other threads but unfortunately I couldn't find any.

I have latest Unreal 3.2.7 and latest Anope 1.7.19 . I'm trying to run both on the same box.

I'm gonna use the irc.p00n.org for the IRC server, and services.p00n.org for services. I made A records just yesterday so till it will work on all DNS's over the web I'm using direct IP to connect to IRC server.

Unreal is set up fine and running. Services are configured but the problem is with linking them with Unreal.

Here's the link block from my unreal.conf

Code: Select all

link		127.0.0.1
{
	username		*;
	hostname		127.0.0.1;
	bind-ip			*;
	port			7209;
	hub			*;
	password-connect	"mypassword"
	password-receive	"mypassword"
	class			servers;
};
And the part of services.conf

RemoteServer	localhost 7209 "mypassword"
When i tryied to use localhost (as a name for linkinkg services) i got an error after rehashing Unreal.

error: unrealircd.conf:348: link: bogus server name
nohostcheck option didn't helped with that, so I got stuck with 127.0.0.1 and

[Nov 26 04:50:01.784831 2007] FATAL: Can't connect to server: Connection refused
I tryied as well the direct IP of my box as a name and hostname in link block in my unreal.conf and as a RemoteServer in services.conf but no success too :(

I would be thankful if anyone can help me figure out how to link them or is willing to do it on my box.

Regards
OkweL

PS. I'm not sure if this does any matter but untill the subdomain will work i've left the

ulines{
localhost;
};
-EDiT-
Regarding this question:
Jobe1986 wrote:Can we see the errors sent as server notices from the IRCd please? (will require you to /oper first)
from the other thread.

Unreal don't show up any single notice even that anything is trying to link.
OkweL

Re: Linking Anope Services with Unreal

Post by OkweL »

Nevermind already :)

I've followed a guid from here:
http://forum.anope.org/viewthread.php?tid=1267

And it's working now fine.

07:15 !irc.p00n.org *** Notice -- (link) Link irc.p00n.org -> services.p00n.org[@91.121.98.21.36114] established
07:15 -Global([email protected])- Services are now back online - have a nice day
07:15 !irc.p00n.org *** Global -- from OperServ: OkweL is now an IRC operator.
07:15 !irc.p00n.org *** Notice -- Possible negative TS split at link services.p00n.org (1196054142 - 1196054143 = -1)
07:15 !irc.p00n.org *** Notice -- Link services.p00n.org -> irc.p00n.org is now synced [secs: -1 recv: 1.663 sent: 1.612]