Cannot connect services

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

N0valyfe

Cannot connect services

Post by N0valyfe »

Ok, i'm new to ircd's ect so don't start telling me i should have read docs, because i have, and i've had the server working with services fine, it's just i've been reading the documentation and applying some settings ect.

I came across this setting:
set::options::flat-map;
If this is present, all servers will appear as directly linked in /map and /links, thus you can no longer see which server is linked to which. This is a little help against (D)DoS attacks because evil people now no longer can easily see the 'weak points'.
So yeah i applied that, thinking everything is fine, my services stop working, i check /links my services.blah has gone, now i know it was meant to be hidden with this option, so i thought "hey this is why my services arn't working" so i've taken "set::options::flat-map;" out of my config file, rehashed and everything, the services.blah hasent turned up in the /links at all, even though "set::options::flat-map;" isnt in the file. I've went over my services file and my config file loads of times checking if everything is in order and still it wont connect, now i read somewhere that flat-map isn't supported in the latest version. So i'm guessing its bugged or something and it wont disable? How do i fix this.

Edit i'm also getting this error when i try "/connect services"
[21:03:56] -84.19.119.27- *** Connect: Server services is not configured for linking
Thanks
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Cannot connect services

Post by Stealth »

1. set::options::flat-map has nothing to do with services, or even how they link. All it does is make whatever server a user does /map on appear as the hub. So there is no way for the services to "not support" flat-map. If the services requested a map, Unreal would see the U:Line and send the real map. flat-map is also currently a working feature in Unreal.
  2. If services "disappeared", you should have gotten a notice as to why they disconnected. (check your scrollbacks and server logs)
  3. If you need to get services to connect, you cannot use /connect. You need to start the services from the shell.
The odd part is, this is all explained in the docs. Perhaps you should give them another read.

Moved => Services