autovoicing users on entry

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

someguy676

autovoicing users on entry

Post by someguy676 »

• I want all users to be able to enter my channel.
  • If a registered nick enters the channel, they should be autovoiced when they enter.
  • Also, any voiced user should be able to change the topic (not just those on the accesslist)(if this is possible)
i've tried:

Code: Select all

/ns set autoop on
/cs set #channel xop OFF
/cs set #channel secure ON (tested with 'secure OFF' also)
/cs levels #channel set autovoice 2
/cs levels #channel set autovoice 1
/cs levels #channel set autovoice 0
/cs levels #channel set autovoice -1
/cs levels #channel set autovoice -2
/cs levels #channel set autovoice -3
My nick and channel is registered. i am the owner of the channel.

Can anyone pls help?
thanks in advance
Last edited by someguy676 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: autovoicing users on entry

Post by Stealth »

IIRC, registered and identified users get level 1

I've asked anope about what the predetermined levels are (registered, auto-kicked, regular, etc) are, but they did not give me a clear answer

/cs levels set autovoice 1
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Ok for Anope, in the latest development version register and unregistered users are level 0. For older versions theyre both -1. The reason it was changed from -1 to 0 is because of a recent bug fix resulting in AUTODEOP being applied properly once again.

So to get Anope to auto voice users on join, the users need to have autoop on (NSDefAutoOp in services.conf for new registrations or "/ns set autoop on" for existing) and the channel needs both "/cs set <channel> xop off", and "/cs levels <channel> set autovoice -1"

The default levels assigned to newly registered channels are (returned by "/cs levels <channel> list" adn "/cs help levels desc" tells you what they all mean.):

AUTODEOP     -1
AUTOHALFOP   4
AUTOOP       5
AUTOPROTECT  10
AUTOVOICE    3
NOJOIN       -2
SIGNKICK     (disabled)
ACC-LIST     1
ACC-CHANGE   10
AKICK        10
SET          (disabled)
BAN          5
BANME        5
CLEAR        (disabled)
GETKEY       5
HALFOP       5
HALFOPME     4
INFO         (disabled)
KICK         5
KICKME       5
INVITE       5
OPDEOP       5
OPDEOPME     5
PROTECT      (disabled)
PROTECTME    10
TOPIC        (disabled)
UNBAN        5
VOICE        5
VOICEME      3
MEMO         10
ASSIGN       (disabled)
BADWORDS     10
FANTASIA     3
GREET        5
NOKICK       1
SAY          5
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Yes, I know about the default levels, but it doesn't tell you what 1, 0, -1, and -2 are for internally. In other words, it does not tell you anywhere that -2 is for an akicked user.
someguy676

Post by someguy676 »

i've tried all of the above suggestions. it still doesnt work.
the first post is updated.

How can allow any voiced user to change topic (not just the users on the accesslist)?
If its not possible, i'd still like to know how to voice registered users when they enter through a channel setting configuration of some sort.

I have an eggdrop in the channel, but it'll take some time to figure out how to do either of these things (i'm not familiar with using eggdrop bots)...so if either thing is possible thru a channel setting of some sort, i'd prefer that.

the autovoice -1 (or -2) did used to work i think. it might've been a server update (a few days ago) that may have caused all users to get voice when they enter.
SNU

Post by SNU »

You might ask for an unreal-module to make it possible to restrict topic-changing to +R(egistered) or +v(oiced) users.
Otherwise you could set up an eggdrop which is at least halfoped to be able to set the topic and set a command like "!topic blubb" and the bot will recogize if the user is voiced or not and then the bot will set the topic.