Session Limits - UnrealIrc 3.2.7

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Dragon

Session Limits - UnrealIrc 3.2.7

Post by Dragon »

Hi,

We are starting to get increasing problems with Session Limit lost connections due to an upsurge in the number of mobile internet users who's service providers are using common IP addresses. Has any other service come across this and how have they dealt with it please?

Ideally we would like to be able to provide a wide mask exception list such as 123.456.*.* however this does not appear to be a valid syntax and I am unaware of any module available for this purpose.

Any hints/tips appreciated. Thanks.

Dragon
http://www.ukchatterbox.com
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Session Limits - UnrealIrc 3.2.7

Post by Stealth »

Unreal does not handle session limits outside of the Allow Block. If you're experiencing people being killed with the message "Session limit exceeded", you need to contact your services support.

If you are having users getting "too many connections from your IP" when they connect, this is an issue with the allow block. Simply increase the maxperip setting in your current allow block, or create a new allow block for the users BELOW the existing allow block. For more information on how to write an allow block, or information on matching with multiple allow blocks, please refer to the documentation.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi,

I wasn't clear enough sorry. We are using Anope to control Session Limits. The size of our service is such that we can get dozens of concurrent connection attemps via mobile services using the same IP and have no desire to globally increase the limit to accomodate this.

Which is why i'm looking to keep a level of 4 as it is now and have an IP exemption for a wide mask range encompassing various IP address blocks including those which do not resolve to a host name.

Regards,

Dragon.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Additionally:

I would like the Service Admin team to be able to add blocks as more providers come on-stream. I don't wish to have to keep rewriting an allow block.

Regards,

Dragon.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Try:

Code: Select all

/os exception add +0 *@123.456.* 4
Use /os help exception for more info

Also, post moved to Services forum