IRC GUIDE FOR BEGINERS

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

killnnettime

IRC GUIDE FOR BEGINERS

Post by killnnettime »

I have assisted in maintaining and using IRC servers. But I must confess that I have never set up a server and have no knowledge in this area. I have purchased a Dedicated Server and have had an IRC server hosted in the past but was not involved with the set up. So if there is someone out there that could meet with me in/on a IRC server and assist me in getting an IRC server up and running I personally would appreciate it as well as the 300+ active members of the group that I assist with.

The server would be used to assist with online gaming and community chats.

Thanks for taking the the time to read this and I hope that someone out there has the patients to assist with an IRC walk through for a beginner.

Thanks
Rob
Bunkerwaiss

Re: IRC GUIDE FOR BEGINERS

Post by Bunkerwaiss »

In your unreal docs section you will find all what you need well explained about how to setup your server..

Read it all, carefully, and be patient

Salu2 8)
katsklaw

Re: IRC GUIDE FOR BEGINERS

Post by katsklaw »

surely there is an existing network that can cater to your specific needs so that you don't need to run your own ircd. Saving you loads of time in administration.