Anope Config Error

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Arieder

Anope Config Error

Post by Arieder »

Hello everyone first off, I did check the manuals, I did search the internet, I did find someone else who had the same problem as me...but I didnt get the solution...so I hope someone can explain it to me...when I type ./configure I get the following messages after entering part of the data:

Do you want to use the MD5 message-digest algorithm to encrypt passwords?
(Selecting "yes" protects your passwords from being stolen if someone
gains access to the Services databases, but makes it impossible to recover
forgotten passwords. There is no way to reverse this operation, so make
sure you really want to enable it.)
./configure: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Hopefully someone can give me a bit of help with this ;). Thanks a lot.

Uh also noticed in the post: http://forum.anope.org/viewthread.php?fid=3&tid=1610

Running Ubuntu Server

They asked for perl versoin: This is perl, v5.10.0 built for i686-linux

Thankyou.
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Anope Config Error

Post by Jobe »

This is a known bug that has been fixed in the 1.6.5 SVN but not been released yet. This gives you 2 options, 1) upgrade to 1.7.* instead or 2) download the latest 1.6.* SVN version. Since the SVN server is currently down youre stuck with 1.7.21 option.

The 1.7.* branch is currently very stable and in use on a large number of production (non-development/testing) networks plus it has many more features/enhancements over 1.6.5. So personally I would recommend 1.7.21 or higher.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Arieder

Re: Anope Config Error

Post by Arieder »

Hi, thanks a lot for your help :), I'll try this ASAP.