How to stop abusers from dynamic IPs?

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

gitzman

How to stop abusers from dynamic IPs?

Post by gitzman »

Hello all,
I am in some trouble hope you people will help me :
The problem is:
A user is provided with a dynamic IP and comes with dynamic nicks and abuses in the room, so is there any measure i can keep him off my room?
i cannot block every other IP he comes from as that costs me other users of mine on the same subnet as he is.

Please Help :)
[dx]

Re: How to stop abusers from dynamic IPs?

Post by [dx] »

/whois user

/mode #channel +b ~r:realname
gitzman

Post by gitzman »

[dx] Thanks for your reply but many users log in from the web with pjirc all the users logging in from the website have the real name as Java User.
gitzman

Post by gitzman »

some more suggestions please ..
zEkE

Post by zEkE »

Can you provide some more specific information about the problem user(s), and if there are other users that fall into similar categories (Client VERSION reply, ISP hostnames, IP blocks, real name, identd reply, etc)

If you have a problem user and an accepted user in the same IP block using the same client with the same ident/version/realname (in the case of a web-client) there is very little you can do beyond banning individual IP addresses. Otherwise you can look into banning CIDR blocks, or more specific yet still wild-carded bans to try and ban everyone in the problem users town rather than county or state - naturally that still depends on the ISP they use as to how IP addresses are dished out.
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Try a BOPM. Chances are he's just using insecure proxies.