Setting up my own server on Windows.

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

illusive101

Setting up my own server on Windows.

Post by illusive101 »

I need help setting up my own IRCD server.

As far as I know I only need Anope + UnrealIRCd to do this properly, and some port forwarding.

I've got UnrealIRCd to run properly :

Code: Select all

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* Configuration loaded without any problems ..
However, I'm having problems setting up Anope properly and linking it with UnRealIRCd is what I'm guessing.

[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] Every UserKey must be different. It's for YOUR safety! Remember that!
[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] Loading IRCD Protocol Module: [unreal32]
[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] status: [0][Module, Okay - No Error]
[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] Loading Encryption Module: [enc_none]
[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] status: [0][Module, Okay - No Error]
[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] Launching Anope into the background
[Jul 21 01:21:20 2009] Anope 1.8.2 (2369) (ircd protocol: UnrealIRCd 3.2+) starting up
[Jul 21 01:21:21 2009] MSMemoReceipt not enabled in services.conf
[Jul 21 01:21:21 2009] ms_rsend requested unload...
[Jul 21 01:21:21 2009] debug: trying to load core module [ms_rsend]
[Jul 21 01:21:21 2009] debug: status: [6][Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP]
[Jul 21 01:21:22 2009] Databases loaded
[Jul 21 01:21:22 2009] Info: Reflecting database records.
[Jul 21 01:21:23 2009] FATAL: Can't connect to server: No such file or directory
Here are my blocks from UnRealIRCd that probably will be useful.
Listen Block:

listen *:6667 {
options {
serversonly;
};
};
Link & U-Lines Blocks:

link bluuk.no-ip.biz
{
username *;
hostname *;
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
hub *;
password-connect "linkpass";
password-receive "linkpass";
class servers;
options {
zip;
};
};

ulines {
   bluuk.no-ip.biz;
};
Anope Remote Server Block:

RemoteServer 127.0.0.1 6667 "linkpass"
ServerName "bluuk.no-ip.biz"
My question is what's the ulines used for? The thing I entered was my no-ip account so in otherwords it's my IP Address. Is this correct? I'm kind of new to this, and any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Setting up my own server on Windows.

Post by Stealth »

Anope does not support ZipLinks, so you need to remove that option.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

fyi,

It's safe to ignore this message "[Jul 21 01:21:21 2009] debug: status: [6][Module Error, Error during load time or module returned MOD_STOP]" it just means that ms_rsend was unloaded since you elected not to use memo receipts and has nothing to do with Anope not connecting to Unreal.

That's in addition to what stealth said about ziplinks. You should completely remove the options sub block from the link block for Anope as Anope doesn't support any of the valid options.
illusive101

Post by illusive101 »

Ok, could someone point out which lines those are?

But was I correct, all I need to host a IRCd server is Anope + UnrealIRCd?

Thanks for the quick replies guys.
illusive101

Post by illusive101 »

Ok, looks like Anope started.

I attempted to join my IRC and got the following error inside of mIrc.

Closing Link: Bluuk[IP Address] (This port is for servers only)
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Before proceeding you need to read and understand the following website in it's entirety. http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/unreal32docs.html

I understand you may be new this, however the term "serversonly" contains no ambiguity. :roll: Before you actually set-up something for the first time it is *always* best to understand the instructions. If the instructions are too advanced for you, then you should take that as an indication that you are not at a skill level to handle running your own IRC Server/network yet. If that is the case, my professional advise is to take things one step at a time starting with user, then entry level IRCop, then perhaps server admin once you understand the fundamentals of *:Lines and blocks.

options {
serversonly;
};
};
illusive101

Post by illusive101 »

katsklaw wrote:Before proceeding you need to read and understand the following website in it's entirety. http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/unreal32docs.html

I understand you may be new this, however the term "serversonly" contains no ambiguity. :roll: Before you actually set-up something for the first time it is *always* best to understand the instructions. If the instructions are too advanced for you, then you should take that as an indication that you are not at a skill level to handle running your own IRC Server/network yet. If that is the case, my professional advise is to take things one step at a time starting with user, then entry level IRCop, then perhaps server admin once you understand the fundamentals of *:Lines and blocks.

options {
serversonly;
};
};
Yeah, to be honest. I was lazy. Not going to lie. I didn't even look at the code. Thanks for pointing out how dumb I am.

:)
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

pointing out obvious errors is not "showing how dumb you are". It's a hint at where the problem is. Not having experience at something is called ignorance, not dumb or stupidity. The best way to overcome ignorance is to read the documentation over and over until you know the subject matter. This not only applies to IRC but everything in life.
illusive101

Post by illusive101 »

I fixed the serversonly problem, but now I get Software caused connection abort.

That's not as fineprint as serveronly.