Aliases aren't working ?

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Tukas

Aliases aren't working ?

Post by Tukas »

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I've setup UnrealIRCd 3.2.8.1 server with Anope 1.8.2 services. Everything works just great, services connects to the server without any errors. But when I type /chanserv help or /nickserv help or whetever, it's just not working, without any errors or messages. When I type for example only /chanserv, it says there's no text to send. Anyway it works great when I PM the service.

Thanks,
Tukas
katsklaw

Re: Aliases aren't working ?

Post by katsklaw »

you need to add: include "aliases/anope.conf"; to unrealircd.conf then save and rehash.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Tukas wrote:Hello everyone,

Yesterday I've setup UnrealIRCd 3.2.8.1 server with Anope 1.8.2 services. Everything works just great, services connects to the server without any errors. But when I type /chanserv help or /nickserv help or whetever, it's just not working, without any errors or messages. When I type for example only /chanserv, it says there's no text to send. Anyway it works great when I PM the service.

Thanks,
Tukas
Without any messages usually means you have set::services-server slightly wrong, eg you put "services" when you called your services "Services" (it is case sensative)
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Tukas

Post by Tukas »

katsklaw wrote:you need to add: include "aliases/anope.conf"; to unrealircd.conf then save and rehash.
I've done that already.
Jobe1986 wrote:
Tukas wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Tukas
Without any messages usually means you have set::services-server slightly wrong, eg you put "services" when you called your services "Services" (it is case sensative)
I've just rechecked everything, the cases are all ok.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

A lot of people mistype their services name and don't realize it. What you describe is the exact result of a problem with set::services-server. My best suggestion is to open up anope's configuration and copy/paste the servername into Unreal's configuration under set::services-server. Be sure to rehash Unreal and re-link anope to your network.
Tukas

Post by Tukas »

Stealth wrote:A lot of people mistype their services name and don't realize it. What you describe is the exact result of a problem with set::services-server. My best suggestion is to open up anope's configuration and copy/paste the servername into Unreal's configuration under set::services-server. Be sure to rehash Unreal and re-link anope to your network.
Well actually there really was a problem with cases in aliases/aliases.conf and aliases/anope.conf. I've just copied all services names and pasted them in conf files, then started server and services again, but it didnt fix the problem. :roll: Also I've pasted the names in unrealircd.conf, just to be sure.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Tukas wrote:
Stealth wrote:A lot of people mistype their services name and don't realize it. What you describe is the exact result of a problem with set::services-server. My best suggestion is to open up anope's configuration and copy/paste the servername into Unreal's configuration under set::services-server. Be sure to rehash Unreal and re-link anope to your network.
Well actually there really was a problem with cases in aliases/aliases.conf and aliases/anope.conf. I've just copied all services names and pasted them in conf files, then started server and services again, but it didnt fix the problem. :roll: Also I've pasted the names in unrealircd.conf, just to be sure.
aliases/anope.conf is known to work bug free as it's in play on hundreds and hundreds of other networks and works perfectly. You don't need to copy anything anywhere except for the line I told you to and insure set::services-server is set to your services name like stealth told you. After that a /rehash will fix it. If it doesn't, you did something wrong somewhere.

Please paste both set::services-server and Anope's ServerName directive here so we can look at it. I promise it's something we've already said and something simple. There is no way these aliases work for 32456345643 other people and not you.
Tukas

Post by Tukas »

Sorry I got everything completely wrong, I though the problem was in aliases/targets names, not in the actual services server name. I just got it fixed.

Thanks for all of your help.