ChanServ OPER Message - Question!

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Stevie31

ChanServ OPER Message - Question!

Post by Stevie31 »

Hello all,
I have now an IRCD setting up and i have a problem.
When an IRC Operator joins the channel they get some flags or give flags by himself.
But, when an IRC Operator joins the channel i want a PUBLIC message from ChanServ. Something like this:

[ChanServ] IRC Operator joins the channel

Or

[ChanServ] IRC Operator <nickname> joins the channel

Do anyone know how to setup this or is there any script for this?

Thanks all!

Kind regards,

Steve Nelen
Warenhuis-Gaming
IRC.warenhuis-gaming.co.cc
warg

Re: ChanServ OPER Message - Question!

Post by warg »

This has nothing to do with UnrealIRCd. Consult the documentation and support mediums of your services.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
toXic

Post by toXic »

Hello..

nano -w modules/chanserv/main.c

Find;

Code: Select all

static int do_channel_join_check(const char *channel, User *user)
{
and, add, under the

if (is_services_oper(user)) {
send_cmd(s_ChanServ, "PRIVMSG %s Oper  \2 %s \2 Join to Channel.", channel, user->nick);
}

codes.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

it helps if people know what package that code is for toxic and it's important to know that altering code will often void support, it's best to do as a module for packages that offer modularity. Such as Anope, and speaking of Anope it's very easy to hook user joins.

Also if it's for Anope, is_oper is better than Is_services_oper since now it's refering to all opers and not just those on the services oper list. It would also be a good idea to take Unreal's umode +H into account or you'll defeat the purpose of the usermode all together. It's also a good idea to let admins choose what message they wish to be displayed and add functionality for individual channels to turn the feature on/off.

Personally, i charge for custom coding for modules like this. This really wouldn't take a huge amount of time but who has time anymore? :(

Codes too.
siemreap

Post by siemreap »

toXic wrote:Hello..

nano -w modules/chanserv/main.c

Find;

static int do_channel_join_check(const char *channel, User *user)
{
and, add, under the

if (is_services_oper(user)) {
send_cmd(s_ChanServ, "PRIVMSG %s Oper  \2 %s \2 Join to Channel.", channel, user->nick);
}

codes.
Hi toXic what services are you referring to? is it Anope? i can't find it in Anope, could you please do one for Anope thank you in advance.