Prevent users to start a new channel.

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Erikih

Prevent users to start a new channel.

Post by Erikih »

Hello,

I've created a UnrealIRCd server and i want to prevent users to start a new channel and assign ops modes on users. Can anybody help me to disable this. If there is only 1 solution for this is also appriciated. :D

Thanks in advance,
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Prevent users to start a new channel.

Post by Stealth »

I have 2 solutions, depending on what exactly you want to do.

The fist one is if you do not want anyone to create channels, meaning you specify which channels may be used. What you would do is make a deny channel block for *, and then create allow channel blocks for the channels allowed on the network. Users will be unable to create any channels not defined in the allow channel blocks. The can also be achieved with the onlyopersjoin module (both the Windows and source care available on my modules page in my signature).

The second one would be to disable automatic oping in channels. Simply define set::level-on-join as "none" in the configuration. Users will be able to create channels, but will not have the ability to register or change channel modes.
Erikih

Re: Prevent users to start a new channel.

Post by Erikih »

Stealth wrote:I have 2 solutions, depending on what exactly you want to do.

The fist one is if you do not want anyone to create channels, meaning you specify which channels may be used. What you would do is make a deny channel block for *, and then create allow channel blocks for the channels allowed on the network. Users will be unable to create any channels not defined in the allow channel blocks. The can also be achieved with the onlyopersjoin module (both the Windows and source care available on my modules page in my signature).

The second one would be to disable automatic oping in channels. Simply define set::level-on-join as "none" in the configuration. Users will be able to create channels, but will not have the ability to register or change channel modes.
Thanks for your help, ive edited the config file disabling autoops when a user starts a channel. Also i've forgotton to put a ops flag on the acl.