anope problem!!!

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

TheMenaCe

anope problem!!!

Post by TheMenaCe »

Hey ppl i need some help here.
I have just installed my IRCD pack (Unreal3.2.5) and anope pack (anope-1.7.15) and i have set up everything for my server to work. At Unreal3.2/ directory when i enter ./unreal start everything works as it should be. My server gets online like it should be but when i try to use ./services on the services directory so the services get online i get no message on either the SSH program or in the IRC client. I neither get a message for problem , nor the services work... what might be wrong? plz help.

Thanks
katsklaw

Re: anope problem!!!

Post by katsklaw »

First you are running old software, try Unreal3.2.8.1 and Anope1.8.4. Second, anope does in fact create a log file that you should read to find out why it's not starting.
Joey

Post by Joey »

I had the same error a coupple of days ago > i have got the current version of anope and unrealircd - However If the services are not running on the server after loading them there is an error in the links block ~ If you have setup the links on the anope config (setitngs.conf) then you need to match the server on the links block (where it asks for a link)

Before

Code: Select all

Line 343: link            dj-madness.net
<< I Just Put My Website Link There

After:

Code: Select all

link            services.dj-madness.net
<< This Is the Server Of Where My Services Are, This matches with settings.conf, As default in settings.conf it is services.localhost.com

After changing that you should then be able to load services. But check the logs file (in /logs/{Date})
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Neither Anope 1.8 not Unreal 3.2 uses a file called settings.conf by default.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Well the config file then. I got it wrong however they still end in .conf so its quite easy to know what file.