building my own service bot ... questions

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Speedline02

building my own service bot ... questions

Post by Speedline02 »

i'm building my own custom service bot using just the ircop commands.

i have the nick and chan databases created, but i need to figure out how the bot will know when someone changes nicks (without being in the channel) and when people join and part channels (without being in the channel)

i get a snotice when people connect and disconnect, is there anyway to get one for nick changes and join/parts

i assume there is no way to speak in a channel w/o being in it, and no way to change a user nicks...

for those who want to tell me to just pre-install services... we have ircservices installed, and it is very limited as to what i want to do, and i do not have shell access to go in and try to modify and recompile the code base, i do however have access to run a bot and have network admin oper status...
Speedline02

Re: building my own service bot ... questions

Post by Speedline02 »

well i figured out /mode *botnick* +s +n

so i figured the nickchange thing out... i also found a module that shows join/parts...

so now is there a module out there that allows an ircop to change a user nick. and allow a bot (with the bot mode) to speak to chan while not being in it.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

How is your bot connected to the network? Is it connected as a client? or as a server? The answer to those questions will help us aid you farther.
Speedline02

Post by Speedline02 »

connects as a client, similar to an Eggdrop.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Then it's not a real services bot and can't take advantage of the trusted s2s connection or U:Lines without opening gaping security holes. Is there a specific reason to use a client connection instead of as a server?

On topic though, I believe either snomask +e (eyes) or +j (junk) shows joins/parts. I could however, be mistaken.