Global Messages

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

intel233

Global Messages

Post by intel233 »

How can I tell who is actually doing the Global message? Lately someone has been sending a bunch of them and I only have 3 IRCops. When the message appears I do not see who is doing it. Is there a way to block everyone? Also how do you actually send a global msg to everyone?

TIA
katsklaw

Re: Global Messages

Post by katsklaw »

Moved topic to Services forum where it belongs.

This is a services related question and has nothing to do with Unreal directly. The use of /os global is dictated by services and formatting of the global messages are controlled by services either via configuration file, command line option or IRC setting. For example if you use Anope, there is a configuration directive called AnonymousGlobal which hides the opers nick from being displayed to users as part of the message. There is also a GlobOps message sent as well if i remember correctly telling IRCops who sent the global message. If you do not use Anope, you may have to consult your documentation for services.