i'm getting erro on my server...

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

rayray

i'm getting erro on my server...

Post by rayray »

when i login to my chat room and oper my self, i find a erro message come up after a while, and every so often saying ...
18:18 -ircmadness.net- *** Global -- from OperServ: os_info: ERROR: can not open the database file!
-

and when i try commands such as /ns getpass (nick) or /ns sendpass (nick) i get access denied.

18:14 * ray sets mode: +oghaAsN
-
Server notice mask (+kcfFveGnNqSso)
-
You are now an IRC Operator

18:32 -NickServ- Permission denied.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: i'm getting erro on my server...

Post by Stealth »

Both these problems are problems with your services.

You get the error from OperServ because there's something wrong with reading or saving the os_info database file. Make sure the file exists in your services directory and that it has the proper permissions to be read by your services.

The permission denied problem is because you don't have yourself set up as an oper in your services. You need to have access to your IRCd AND services, as they are 2 different daemons. Check your services.conf and make sure you have set yourself as services root, and make sure your nick is registered and identified.