error

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

rayray

error

Post by rayray »

everytime i use the /ns sendpass (nick) it dosent work for me or any over of my oper's we all have full access and are opered we all get the same error
SENDPASS command unavailable because encryption is in use

How can i fix this issue so we can send our users there password
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: error

Post by Jobe »

Firstly this has nothing to do with Unreal, it is entirely a services matter and as such I have moved it to the appropriate board.

Lastly, you cannot use SENDPASS in Anope when you do NOT use enc_none. The reason for this is all other password encoding modules use irreversible hash algorithms and as such the code CANNOT retrieve the password to be able to send it in the first place. In other words all the end user would get is a bunch of meaningless gibberish that would not help them identify to NickServ at all anyway.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
rayray

Post by rayray »

Okay so how would i turn it off then so it dosent get in the way ?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

You will need to start by setting EncModule to enc_none then shutdown Anope and delete all the .db files as they will no longer work.

An alternative solution that allows you to retain hashed passwords is to use a module such as http://modules.anope.org/index.php?page=view&id=80
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image