Problem with anope and unreal.

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

bluewish

Problem with anope and unreal.

Post by bluewish »

Running Anope 1.8.4 and Unreal3.2, I get this error message when trying to link.
(00:08:55) -xebec.bwfs.info- *** Connecting to services.bwfs.info[64.32.14.20].
(00:09:04) -xebec.bwfs.info- *** LocOps -- Link denied for xebec.bwfs.info([email protected]) (No link block named 'xebec.bwfs.info') [@64.32.14.20.51399]
(00:09:05) -xebec.bwfs.info- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from services.bwfs.info[64.32.14.20] -- Link denied (No matching link configuration) [@64.32.14.20.51399]
(00:09:05) -xebec.bwfs.info- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from services.bwfs.info[64.32.14.20] -- Closing Link: [64.32.14.20] (Link denied (No matching link configuration))
(00:09:05) -xebec.bwfs.info- *** LocOps -- Server services.bwfs.info[64.32.14.20] closed the connection
Unreal config:
listen 64.32.14.20:7070
{
options
{
serversonly;
};
};
link services.bwfs.info
{
username *;
hostname 64.32.14.20;
bind-ip *;
port 7070;
leaf *;
password-connect "******";
password-receive "******";
class servers;
};
Anope config:
LocalAddress 64.32.14.20 7070 "******"
ServerName "services.bwfs.info"
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Problem with anope and unreal.

Post by Jobe »

You CANNOT use /connect to connect Anope.

When Anope is configured correctly it will connect TO the IRCd.

The error message you pasted is your IRCd connecting to itself and saying "what I dont have a link block for me"

In services.conf LocalAddress specifies the local IP and port to BIND to when connecting to the IRCd. It does NOT take a third parameter and the port parameter is not reccomended unless you actually need to use it. What you need is RemoteServer which is used as you have tried to use LocalAddress.

Without meaning to be rude from this I can tell you didnt read Anope's example.conf very clearly or for that matter all the way through as you would have found RemoteServer BEFORE you even got to LocalAddress
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Once upon a time I wrote a tutorial for this exact issue, perhaps it can help.

http://forum.anope.org/index.php?topic=1267.0
bluewish

Post by bluewish »

I set it up over a year ago and made absolutely no changes to it or the box in any way.
The daemon wasn't running for atleast 7 months, and when I started the IRC daemon and the services, they wouldn't connect to eachother at all.
I then did some random editing and pasted the wrong part, the LocalAddress part is what I accidently typed it in, then commented it out and re-typed it in RemoteServer. It still did not work.

I decided to scrap anope due to finding it useless to setup properly and went to atheme which worked off the bat.

Thanks for the help, anyway :)
Zippie27

thanks...

Post by Zippie27 »

thanks, that helped me a lot!
regards,
chantal