Unreal or Anope

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

rayray

Unreal or Anope

Post by rayray »

Help please, i currently noticed that /ns work's but when i type /statserv that one dosent it says Services are currently down. Please try again later.
wheres the config to this file and how do i turn it on, it must be there somwhere.
katsklaw

Re: Unreal or Anope

Post by katsklaw »

double check your stats server name in the set block in unrealircd.conf
rayray

Post by rayray »

Hello, i dont think there is one in my unreal.conf, how do i make one what should it look like thank;s
please make a example code for the block
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

stats server name is required, for an example look at doc/example.conf
rayray

Post by rayray »

Hello i currently made A ULINE and the block (here is the code)

Code: Select all

link statserv.ircmadness.net {
   username *;
   hostname 72.20.21.111;
   bind-ip *;
   port 8000;
   hub *;
   password-connect hidden;
   password-receive hidden;
   class servers;
};
and my ulines

ulines {
	services.ircmadness.net;
        statserv.ircmadness.net;
};
but i get the error that it' s not configured for linking when i type /connect statserv.ircmadness.net
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

you most likely can't connect to statserv, usually statserv auto-connects to it's uplink when you start the program.
rayray

Post by rayray »

what do you mean ? and can it be fixed, isent there one i can download then that dose the same ?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

so far I see nothing broken, other that your understanding of how services/ircd/statservs and IRC in general works.

You can't use: /connect statserv.ircmadness.net .. period. Statserv has to connect when it starts.
rayray

Post by rayray »

i tryed that now i get this

-rampage.ircmadness.net- *** Connecting to statserv.ircmadness.net[72.20.21.111].
-
-rampage.ircmadness.net- *** LocOps -- Link denied for rampage.ircmadness.net([email protected]) (No link block named 'rampage.ircmadness.net') [@72.20.21.111.61227]
-
-rampage.ircmadness.net- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from statserv.ircmadness.net[72.20.21.111] -- Link denied (No matching link configuration) [@72.20.21.111.61227]
-
-rampage.ircmadness.net- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from statserv.ircmadness.net[72.20.21.111] -- Closing Link: [72.20.21.111] (Link denied (No matching link configuration))
-
-rampage.ircmadness.net- *** LocOps -- Server statserv.ircmadness.net[72.20.21.111] closed the connection
-
is there suppose to be a config file for it somwhere
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

At this point in time I am done helping you. You are not listening to what I am telling you and I will not waste more of my time.
rayray

Post by rayray »

Okay i am sorry, please continue i will listen, im just very noobie sorry :) one last time and ill try and understand it:)
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

You can NOT use /connect on statserv. You must start it from your shell. It will auto connect all by it's self, it if does not, then read the statserv logs.

Being new is no excuse for not reading what people are telling you. I said repeatedly not to use /connect, you did so anyway. I said it in simple English terms. If English is not your native language we have an international forum that you can use.
rayray

Post by rayray »

Ohh okay, i get that now, it's got to be started from putty just like services have ./services :D

The thing is, i'm not sure on what command to start it, and i cant find a folder in my hub, there's only unreal3.2 and services and anope and some overs, is there suppose to be a folder with statserv in ?if so where can i donwload it from.
rayray

Post by rayray »

yeh, i just looked in every file and cant see it there where do i get it from ?
ps.
thank;s so much for you're help.