BOPM replacement

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Capitaine

BOPM replacement

Post by Capitaine »

Do you know a good alternative to BOPM ?
It works well only in IPv4, and its development seems stopped.

OPM -> Bad address (unknown) [****:****:****:****:****:****:****:****].
DNSBL -> Invalid address '****:****:****:****:****:****:****:****', ignoring.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: BOPM replacement

Post by Stealth »

The BOPM client itself is still developed, however releases are not often because it is a mature and very stable client.

If you read the BOPM site (blitzed.org), you'll find that the Blitzed DNSBL (opm.blitzed.org) had been shut down long ago. It is up to network admins to keep current with DNSBL status and update them as necessary. The BOPM client is still very functional and the Blitzed development team obviously cannot keep track of which DNSBLs still work and which ones don't. If you search around the Internet, you'll find hundreds of DNSBLs containing open proxies. You can also use the ones from my example BOPM configuration.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Oh, also didn't notice this was an IPv6 issue. There probably aren't any DNSBLs for IPv6 yet, so an IPv6 BOPM would be pointless. I am sure in the future there will be IPv6 capable BOPM clients and DNSBLs.
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Thanks.
I have tried to compile ./configure --enable-ipv6

Even if the BL I use is IPv4 only, I hoped the OPM part could scan v6 addresses anyway.