Global Access List?

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

FinalRevolution

Global Access List?

Post by FinalRevolution »

I've been trying a few things out on my newly set up server, and I successfully have anope running with unreal. Basically, what I am wondering, is if it is possible to create a sort of global access list. What I mean by that is I want to make my server configured so no matter what channel a user joins, they are given the same privileges. I know I can use the superadmin option for Service Roots, but that is only one group of people, and it only works on registered channels. An example would be when a user is setup as an admin on this theoretical access list, (+a) whenever they join a channel they receive that usermode. Same thing with ops, hops, and voice. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks
katsklaw

Re: Global Access List?

Post by katsklaw »

I think you are a bit confused about usermodes and chanmodes. Usermodes apply to users regardless of what channels, if any, they are on. Admin (+A) is applied after a user successfully opers and has the admin oper flag. oper flags are not the same as usermodes either and is a completely different story.

Chanmode come in 2 flavors, modes that afect the channel like +ntrRMu and chanmodes that affect users in that one channel like +obvhqa. Chanmodes are confined to that one channel and do not affect other channels. Each channel is it's own seperate entity and they are not connected in any fashion to each other.

There is a difference between usermode +a (Services Admin) and chanmode +a (protected user).