IRCdefender & Unreal link module

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

MiNdErAsR

IRCdefender & Unreal link module

Post by MiNdErAsR »

As you may or may not be aware, there is a 0-day exploit for ircdefender via the InspIRCd 1.2 link module, and possibly Unrealircd as well....
There are reports of other possible exploits in the InspIRCd 1.2 link module and exploits in the UnrealIRCd link module.
I couldn't find anything in this forum through searching. So I was just wondering if this has been confirmed on Unrealircd, and if so are there plans for a patch and/or update to the link module?

TIA
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: IRCdefender & Unreal link module

Post by Stealth »

At the moment it appears as through IRCdefender is not maintained and a fix will likely not be made. I say this because this is a known exploit within IRCdefender and it appears as though no one has come forward with any information as to details or even a fix. However, even though I have not heard of anything does not mean there's nothing going on as all I have been paying attention to lately is UnrealIRCd.

So in short, why not ask their support channel? It's located on irc.chatspike.net in #defender