Creating Services

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Rick

Creating Services

Post by Rick »

Hi there,

Currently i'm creating some additional services for our network.
But how can I get all the channels where a user is at?

Regards,

Rick
Global IRC - [url=irc://irc.globalirc.net]irc.globalirc.net[/url] - Dutch Network
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Creating Services

Post by Jobe »

If you're writing your own services package then the answer to that question depends on the answer to the following question.

Are you connecting your service as a client (like a user or IRCop) or are you connecting it as a server (like most services packages)?

If you're connecting it as a client, it will need to be /oper'ed and then will have to rely on /whois.

If you're connecting it as a server, then you need to handle the protocol fully to have your service keep track of all servers, users and channels (for channel tracking, you NEED to track servers and users too) The server protocol includes messages which tell you when the status of any server user or channel changes.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sorry for the late reaction.

Its connected as a service so has a U:Line. Now I monitor it per user who is where and save it into the database.
But now I have a other question, in Unreal there is a spamfilter which catches the text who a person types. Is this also possible for a service?
So that a service can monitor everything and report suspicious stuff to the operators without notifying the person?

Regards,

Rick
Global IRC - [url=irc://irc.globalirc.net]irc.globalirc.net[/url] - Dutch Network
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Unfortunately there is not. The reason being is that services do NOT see ALL messages, and without modifying UnrealIRCd's source there is no way to make them see all messages either.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

I'd like to add that spam filtering needs to stay in the ircd. This is for resource conservation, namely bandwidth. In the ircd, the spam in question is evaluated and acted upon prior to broadcasting to the network. Not to mention that services will be notified at the same time as other ircds so users will see the spam before services can react.

IRCds can prevent actions.
Services can only react to actions.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Well ok too bad thats not possible without some modifications to the IRCd.
Because we are creating a service which monitors on certain texts in a message because its also for children.