nickserv not allowing automatic identify

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

toshik

nickserv not allowing automatic identify

Post by toshik »

I'm running anope 1.8.8 on unreal 3.2.10.2. Using the client side setup to auto identify, it used to automatically set the modes for all the users once it recognised their logins. Now it's not working properly. All registered users can still identify with nickserv, but they have to do so manually after connecting. It's not the end of the world, but the feature did exist and now doesn't seem to. I'm not sure why this happened, or what can be done to correct it. I've gone so far as to manually delete the nickserv DB from services and have everyone reregister, but this didn't help a lick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
toshik

Re: nickserv not allowing automatic identify

Post by toshik »

Adding to note: We did have a power outage about a month before I noticed the issue, and the issue seemed to 'spread' from being just one or two nicks to now covering the entire channel op list. It's at the server level, however, not just a single channel. When we lost power, I did have to play with the server to get everything running and pulled backups of all the DB's back about 4 or 5 days prior just to make sure I wasn't grabbing a corrupted file.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

For Anope 1.7/1.8: Uncomment NSModeOnID in services.conf, save and /os reload
toshik

Post by toshik »

NSModeOnID is already uncommented in the config.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

My mistake. After rereading your post. NickServ never had an auto identify and there is only 2 ways to do it.

1. A perform or script loaded in the irc client and Anope has no control over that.
2. Use an ircd that allows SASL or some other protocol that will pass the password to services upon connection. Anope has no control over that either.