Session limit Exceeded

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

broJimbo1

Session limit Exceeded

Post by broJimbo1 »

I am sorry to have posted this here, but I used the search and their seams to be conflicting answers to this question. I know their is a session limit that's set on for us it is 3 user per ip.

But for me as a room network work owner and a person I have helping, he is not with us atm due to real life work. But somewhere he created a session limit for me and him to be up to 25 account on each of our ip's and his. But for some reason it no longer working due to us having to start over and copying files to rebuild.

Here the problem where is this set, some say it's done the config section, while others say anlope section, so the question is where is this handle at to allow me unlimited connection for my ip, in which case I tried both and none seams to work.

I just got done reading in service in the def session limit section and the note are says this is done my adding an exception to a ip, but not saying where is this done and at the end it say makefile, this is throwing me off track.

/os EXCEPTION ADD XXX.XX.XXX.XXX 25 Room Owner -- I tried using this but this only seams to work for a little while and quits working or only works till I log out all my accounts and bots in which case I have to type it again.

Could you please tell me where this is done and to make it perm for me as a owner and other who I assign this too, thanks.
katsklaw

Re: Session limit Exceeded

Post by katsklaw »

User connections are regulated in 2 places.

1. unrealircd.conf, allow::maxperip which regulates the maximum number of concurrent connections per IP address on the ircd.
2. The other place is in services using session limits. We can't really help much with session limits because it can change from services package to services package so if you are having difficulties with sessions not behaving as expected, check the documentation supplied with your services package. If this doesn't help then seek official help from your services support channels.
broJimbo1

Post by broJimbo1 »

ok can you answer this when I Type this command /os EXCEPTION ADD XXX.XX.XXX.XXX 25 Room Owner should this stay fixed, to me it acting like it expiring or something like every 3 days or 2 days it quits working, so what would be the command to type to make it permanent?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Services sessions should stay intact for however long you tell them. However, each services package may act a bit differently, the syntax may be a bit different, etc, this is why I suggested you talk to them about it.

UPDATE: Since the bulk of your remaining questions pertain to services, I've moved this thread to our services forum. Since our scope only includes Unreal IRCd, it's possible your question could remain unanswered.

If you reply with your services version and the exact command you are typing, someone that is familiar with your chosen package *might* be able to help. Your best solution is still ask in official support channels.

Good Luck.