converting anope databases

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

blackturbo

converting anope databases

Post by blackturbo »

hi folks,
iam moving my irc server to a new vps. my old irc server uses unrealircd 3.2 and anope 1.8 and i have installed the latest on my new vps unrealirc 4.0 and anope 2.0 , all connect fine and now in the process of trying to convert my older databases. when i connect i get wrong passwords so i probally mismatched the encryption somewhere.

heres my old services.conf

########### DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ############
############ UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ############

IRCDModule "unreal32"
EncModule "enc_none"

and heres my services.conf on the new vps

module
{
name = "db_old"

/*
* This is the encryption type used by the databases. This must be set correctly or
* your passwords will not work. Valid options are: md5, oldmd5, sha1, and plain.
* You must also be sure to load the correct encryption module below in the Encryption
* Modules section so that your passwords work.
*/
hash = "sha1"
}

can anyone tell me what to set this at? as accounts have transferred over but passwords arent working so i take it as an encryption mismatch. thanks a bunch!

***I know i should be posting in the anope forum, but its closed to new registrations, i was hoping somewon here could help me.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: converting anope databases

Post by Syzop »

Yeah, their documentation could be better :D. And would be nice if they were more flexible, so you could upgrade hashes, but that's another thing.

In your old anope you had "enc_none", this means in the new anope you need to choose:

Code: Select all

hash = "plain"
I *think*.
blackturbo

Post by blackturbo »

Ok ill try that, I think I already tried that. but ill do it again. Heres my method, and maybe somewon can tell me if this is correct. theres not much documetation i can find on doing this upgrade, and again, the anope forums are closed to new members (do i have to get invited to these forums or something?)

without either unrealircd or anope running.

I will clear the anope.db file .
reload my older databases to the new data directory where i installed anope
make sure its set on "plain" in services.conf, and make sure module "db_old" is uncommented. (they say this module is supposed to convert the older databases)
I start unrealircd, and then I start anope
confirm both are running.
shut them down again, and comment the "db_old" in services.conf
restart everything. and if everything worked, my nickserv password should work now on the new irc server.

thanks to all that share ideas.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

I think that's the procedure indeed. But I've only upgraded once so far.
Noul1975

Post by Noul1975 »

Syzop wrote:Yeah, their documentation could be better :D. And would be nice if they were more flexible, so you could upgrade hashes, but that's another thing.

In your old anope you had "enc_none", this means in the new anope you need to choose:

Code: Select all

hash = "plain"
I *think*.
yes indeed! it would be more nice if they've become more flexible because it can result to a more flawless documentation. but who knows, because of what we think, they might have an idea now and be able to listen to our suggestions and give it a try! hopefully!:)
Read this best phen375 guide here.