BOPM help

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

jailmann

BOPM help

Post by jailmann »

Hello

Somone here there using BOPM on UnrealIRCD that can help me i have tried the config file but it seems not to work
WilliamWIkked

Post by WilliamWIkked »

The only Unreal problem you could have really with BOPM is it not checking proxies right, and you need to uncomment this line:

# perform = "PROTOCTL HCN";

so it looks like:

perform = "PROTOCTL HCN";

Otherwise, check your IRC server it connects to, and the host it BINDS to.
[insert another cliche sig here.]
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

thx hat work now it is online but i get this error when a user join the server an Bopm scans

DNSBL -> Lookup error on 1.1.168.192.opm.blitzed.org: Server failure

What have i forgot in the conf
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I don't think you've forgotten anything. BOPM just can't do anything with LAN IPs. I think you can simply ignore that error message.
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

i think the problem is that BOPM looking at the IP an not IP and Hostmask i not sure but it says this everytime user join the server just whit user IP

DNSBL -> Lookup error on User_lan_ip.opm.blitzed.org: Server failure
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

DNSBL is the DNS BlackList so your error is

Code: Select all

DNSBL -> Lookup error on User_lan_ip.opm.blitzed.org: Server failure

Looks to me you havent configured it to point at the dns blacklist properly or your dns settings are messed up.

http://wiki.blitzed.org/BOPM/FAQ#Operational_Notes

You may find this link helpful
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

Thx for help i have anothter for you if you have the time can i use the same BOPM on all server just add all server name ind conf or do i have to compile them on all server an the nhave 3 BOPM online
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

somone can help me where this is in the Unrealircd.conf

And set a bopm-nick in your set block, like:
set {
[..]
bopm-nick "BOPM";
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

You set the bopm nick in the bopm config not the unreal config .

As for the 1 bopm for multi servers try this link .

http://wiki.blitzed.org/BOPM/FAQ#Can_BO ... network.3F

Same file as last time one section down . Try reading the whole thing as it is useful and will help answer some stuff for you .

Im running the windows bopm build and find it to be most effective . Took a few goes to get it connected to the dnsbl but now its pretty sweet .

Already saved my ass on one occasion against a clone attack . Big thanks to Syzop for winbopm btw :D

Syzop does have a bopm helper module that may well do what you want ie one bopm scanning all servers .
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

i have Bopm up an runnig on one server then i read that post you just gave me an find a Module call

This module makes it possible to have a single BOPM scan all clients at all servers.
It's simple: this module should be loaded at ALL[*] servers. Then, if someone connects
it will forward the connection notice to the nick specified in set::bopm-nick.
Note that the module will check if the person specified by bopm-nick is an oper,
if not it will not send a notice (just to be sure simple users can't fake BOPM
if the remote server is down).
[*]: All, INCLUDING the one the BOPM client is connected to and including hubs (even if you don't have users at it)

in that read me file i need to install that module on all server it look like easy but when i have to put this in unrealirc.conf i cant i have tried but i think i have put it in the wrong place

CONFIG
=======
Add the following line to your unrealircd.conf (or whatever):
loadmodule "src/modules/m_bopmhelper.so";
somewhere after your other loadmodule lines for example.
And set a bopm-nick in your set block, like:
set {
[..]
bopm-nick "BOPM";

I need help to the last part where i have to put the name in the Unrealircd.conf
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

As of Unreal3.2.1, Syzop's BOPM-Helper module should not be used anymore. See the FAQ entry Using Unreal for proxy scanning a whole network at wiki.blitzed.org.
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

i have put that line in bopm but i dosent work i only scan the server bopm runnig from :(
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Oh, sorry, then that description is incomplete. You need snomask +F as well (that's what Syzop describes at http://www.unrealircd.com/index.php?pag ... odule&id=2).
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

this is what it says in Bopm.conf

mode = "+scF";

connregex = "\\*\\*\\* Notice -- Client connecting.*: ([^ ]+) \\(([^@]+)@([^\\)]+)\\) \\[([0-9\\.]+)\\].*";

An it still dosent work it only scan the server it run on

i dont get it :(
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

The correct syntax is mode = "+s +cF";. What you wrote would set user modes +c and +F on your scanner bot, however neither of those user modes exist, and that's not what you need, anyway. You need to set snomasks +c and +F. Consult the documentation (unreal32docs.html -> 3.3. Snomasks) if you don't know what I am talking about.