Viruses/Trojans database

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
JanisB

Viruses/Trojans database

Post by JanisB »

Can i find somewhere IRC trojan/viruses up-to-date database, where is spamfilter matches for NEW trojans/viruses/other abusive materials?
E.g. just righ now in our network i've got new virus (http://picbuster^4u^to/ LLLOOooLLll, picbuster found merkels pussy !!!!111 xDDD D:_ [change "^" to "." if you really want to see fake page with viruses]). Where i can submit it/get new spamfilter matches? Or this forum is the only place where people are interested in this kind of information? :)
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Not really, but post examples here and we would be happy to help you get rid of them.

Here is one for this one:

Code: Select all

/spamfilter add cpnN gline 86440 Spam_virus http://picbuster\.4u\.to/ l+o+l+
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

Yes, thx for regexp (i was too lazy to write it, i was added "picbuster.4u.to", probably not totally correct, but easiest variant), but i am talking about exactly DATABASE with this examples.

OK, i'll post all trash/abuse filters here, maybe someone will use it.
Jason

Post by Jason »

There isnt one currently, as far as I know. I suppose I could start one if anyone really wanted one. It would take me like ten minutes to make a nice dynamic system, and maybe another ten to load up some of the more recent ones posted here.

The problem with this though, is that I very rarely see duplicate requests. Everyone has their own spammers and viri. A central database probably wouldnt help too incredibly much.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

this has been spoken about as a TODO possablity for unreal,
the problem is, who is gonna maintain it, and who is gonna be allowed to access it?

ie would there be some kind of login system + information of the server/company accessing it.

a remote include would work perfectly but it needs a site, ppl to maintain it + make sure the regexs are 100% correct
-

i have no problem donating a site for it, but i am totally html dumb so someone is gonna have to make the pages etc lol
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
JanisB

Post by JanisB »

In my opinion site(hosting) or even full server is not a problem, many of this forum/daemon users have their own servers...
The problem is with.... time. It is impossible to just create database with all known viruses and that's all. Maintanance, checking, bugfixing and so on -> this is site-admin future, and again IMO this isn't just_for_fun, this is really hard job.

So, let's use this forum as site! ;)
Jason

Post by Jason »

Yeah. Id rather use the current system. People who need regexes seem to get them. There is no huge headache for a DB admin. Etc.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."