Kill users on status

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Angel

Kill users on status

Post by Angel »

Hi is there any code or module to kill all the users that connects to server but stays outsite and don't join any channel after 5 min lets say.

Like kill tham with reason You look like a bot. Please either join any channel or next time your going to be banned from this Network!

Thanks
Angel

Re: Kill users on status

Post by Angel »

I forgat, or to sajoin tham automaticly after 5 min in the main channel would be good also :D much better.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

To be honest killing users or sajoining them to a channel when theyre just sitting on their status not in a channel is likly to be a fast way to upset users. A suggestion that isnt too bad is to have the users automatically join a pre-defined channel upon connecting.

eg:

Code: Select all

set {
  auto-join "#channel";
};
That way one theyre connected they havn't got to join a channel themself and you can easily watch new connections because they'll always be auto joined into that channel.

I know there's a snomask to watch new connections but that can sometimes clutter up your status or chat windows with notices.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Jobe1986 wrote:To be honest killing users or sajoining them to a channel when theyre just sitting on their status not in a channel is likly to be a fast way to upset users. A suggestion that isnt too bad is to have the users automatically join a pre-defined channel upon connecting.

eg:

Code: Select all

set {
  auto-join "#channel";
};
That way one theyre connected they havn't got to join a channel themself and you can easily watch new connections because they'll always be auto joined into that channel.

I know there's a snomask to watch new connections but that can sometimes clutter up your status or chat windows with notices.
I set once the auto-join but not all want to stay in main channel, so the point is some connects and stay in status or joins/parts and then stay on status looks like bots, but not all of them are. So, when they connect to the server they should decide themself to join a channel, but the point is, when they don't do that lets say in 5 min. so that the server automaticly joins them to the #mainchannel with reason: You have to sit on a channel, otherwise your going to be banned from this server.

The point of all this is: at my server can connect 1024 users, so that sometime the server is full and i want either that users to join a channel, or to gline tham.
Angel

Post by Angel »

No one who can help me about this???
White_Magic

wrong forum section

Post by White_Magic »

This is the wrong place to be asking this question, go to the modules section or support.

Can a mod close this please?
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
Angel

Re: wrong forum section

Post by Angel »

White_Magic wrote:This is the wrong place to be asking this question, go to the modules section or support.

Can a mod close this please?

Very funy White_Magic does your parents know that you are so stupid???
I don't think so :D

Take a sec. and read my first post so u'll see why i requested help here :-)
White_Magic

Re: Kill users on status

Post by White_Magic »

Angel wrote:Hi is there any code or module to kill all the users that connects to server but stays outsite and don't join any channel after 5 min lets say.

Like kill tham with reason You look like a bot. Please either join any channel or next time your going to be banned from this Network!

Thanks
did u even read what your first message said to begin with?

you said,as i have highlighted in bold "any code or module" this is the SPAMFILTER section, there is a section for MODULES & a section SUPPORT for codes.

The spamfilter can not do as you wish however a module can, - thus why i said your asking this question in the wrong section.

also keep ur " flaming " to yourself, i dont flame you - theres no need to flame me
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

*lock*