Spam filter exception (again)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
xnigelx

Spam filter exception (again)

Post by xnigelx »

Hey im new here.
I was working on my spam filter and i have quite a few filters, occasionaly a member gets caught in one and we have a eggdrop that detects a member and unglines it. im trying to add a exception mask in the filter and i didnt see much on here on how to make one. so my questions are:
1. does it matter where in the spamfilter file u you put the exception (first line or last line).
2. is this the correct syntax "except tkl { mask *@*.evo.com; type gline; };" (our members have a .evo.com vhost and the spamfilter does the gline process)
3. can someone who corrects my exception please explain what the line means and such so i can learn.
thank you in advance
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Firstly the exception can go anywhere in any of the .conf's as long as they're included by unrealircd.conf at some point or another.

Secondly an "except tkl" exempts a person from any attempt to ban them from the server whether set by a spamfilter or set by an oper so be weary of that.

As for exempting someone from being caught by a spamfilter the only way i know of doing that is that an oper is exempt.