Some help needed !!!

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Annihilator90

Some help needed !!!

Post by Annihilator90 »

First, the clones are trying to register with emails similar to their nicknames, below are some services messages

eg 'blackdude' registered by black@.... (email:[email protected])
'whitedude' registered by white@.... (email:[email protected])

is there any regex to match those nicknames and emails they use to register by using this format ---> /msg nickserv register password email ?

Thanks !!!
Annihilator90

Re: Some help needed !!!

Post by Annihilator90 »

Second, is it correct to ban nicknames below by this regex ?

myname
my_name
my^name
my-name
my__name
my^^name
my--name

Regex is /spamfilter + u block - test my.*name
Annihilator90

Post by Annihilator90 »

Third,

There are some random clones which join the server and create some random channels and automatically put +si so that I can only join with SAJOIN to manually kill/tempshun them. The procedure the clones do is like this

1.They come en masse and each clone creates a random channel and each sets mode +si. So my server becomes filled with clones channels.
2. Then there they wait for the time needed to complete the registration. ( in my server's case it's 3 minutes that a nick must wait before it can register)
3. If I SAJOIN myself to one of the channels, a clone in that channel will quit and rejoin with another nickname and create another channel and continue. ( so it's frustrating to manually join one by one to kill them :cry: )
4. After 3 minutes wait, they register their nicks simultaneously, join the main channel and wreak havoc.
5. Even after I've implemented the passcode module ( a user must enter the passcode that appears to complete registration) to make it hard for them to register, they can still bypass it.

Can anyone suggest what can be done to thwart their attacks? Which steps can be improved in the way my server works ?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

For the first question, I dont know of a way short of a services modification/module.

For the second question, I would put ^ at the beginning and chane .* to [^!]* so: ^my[^!]*name

For the third question, to see who's in a channel you can use /names <channel> as an oper. Also,during situations like that, if you ran Anope, id set defcon to a level where it akill's on connect then just join each channel.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
Annihilator90

Post by Annihilator90 »

Thanks Jobe. But as far as I know, DEFCON levels can disable only new channels registrations. The clones can still create many channels without registering them. Is there any service or module that can disable users from joining any channel as soon as they connect albeit temporarily so that I can sajoin them to a channel and single out the clones?
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Defcon can do various things from as you say preventing channel or nick registration to banning users on connect. My suggestion was that you set defcon to ban on connect, then join the random channels causing the bots to reconnect, getting themselves banned.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image